June 26, 2017 by pecanbutter
Oats manage my hunger very well. My blood sugar level does not crash easily (usually close to lunchtime) oats for breakfast in the morning. I’ve discovered that oats can be eaten in many ways – over night, baked, savory and I’m very fascinated!
I’m still improving the recipe so please give me feedback on how I may do so.
3 cups oats, 1/2 cups sunflower seeds (or any other available seeds), 1/2 cup walnut/pecans (chopped), 1 cup honey, 1 cup olive oil, 2 bars 70% chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Add honey and olive oil in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add oats and nuts to another bowl and mix (Leave out the walnuts)
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture into a baking tin and bake for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes and return to oven to continue baking.
- When oats are in the oven, prepare the chocolate. Melt using the water bath method and let cool.
- Add walnuts into the baking mix in the last 10 minutes.
- Let baked oats cool for 5-10 minutes after removed from oven, stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate into a bowl. Add baked oats into the same bowl. Stir and mix well.
- Lay a baking tray with baking paper. Pour oat mix onto the tray and spread them out.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoon chia seeds over the mix.
- Freeze for 1.5-2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and slice up using a spatula.